My official place of residence is University Hall. From what I can tell there are two types of rooms within the hall: a) standard rooms (5 single study bedrooms with a shared kitchen and bath) or b) en suite rooms (6 single study bedrooms with a shared kitchen but en suite bath). The email didn't specify what type of room I would have. Either way, I am confident that it will work out.
After looking at a map of campus I am fairly certain that I will have to walk a decent amount to class. I'm reminded of last semester when I could (of course I never did, though...) roll out of bed ten minutes before class and briskly walk from Melrose to the science buildings in 6 minutes flat. Sadly this will not be the case as the website has said that from U Hall to the University precint is about a thirty five minute walk. No worries people! Walking is good and it is all part of the adventure. (More details and pictures to come)
My address, in case you feel compelled to send me notes of affection or sweet treats, is:
Stoke BishopNicolette Jonkhoff
49 - 3
University Hall, Shaplands
Bristol, BS9 IAR
England
PS Tonight the Jonkhoff household will be having a celebratory early birthday dinner for me!

How exciting! Well...maybe not the 35 minute walk to class. Uphill in 10 feet of snow, both ways, right ;)
ReplyDeleteHave fun with your early birthday dinner!