Welcome to the first day of school. It's back to a life driven by routine, timetables and essays. Joy.
I headed out with Liz a smidge past 9 and we got into town around 9:40. For some reason, despite having mapped out exactly where my classes would be held on Saturday, I couldn't find where my first Social Policy class was. I felt like a laboratory rat encased in a sterile maze box. Every time I turned the corner in the building I felt like I was back to where I started. Time was ticking and I knew that I didn't have opportunity to leisurely find where LR2 was at. The directions that I had received late last week apparently were wrong and consequently I was flailing like a beached sea animal to try to find the damn room. I came across an Irish student, who happened to be headed to LR2 as well, and together we were able to find our way to our destination with a minute to spare.
The class was small - roughly 15 students - and the lecture was very interesting. I chimed in a time or two, as well. Two hours later I was a free lady and was off to eat lunch and then go to the Explorers Club meeting at the local pub down St. Michael's Hill (similar in nature to the Outdoor Programs at Redlands, although the Explorers have a sweet hedgehog mascot named Henrietta!).
I joined the Explorers Club and I even signed up for an outing this coming Sunday. We are going for a walk at the Brecons Waterfalls. Supposedly it's a nice woodland walk with some spectacular waterfalls, including one that you can walk underneath. (Dad, it's a good thing I got those hiking boots!)
Well I think that's all to share at the moment. I don't have class tomorrow but there is the Latin and Ballroom Dance lesson that I'll be trying out tomorrow evening. Fun fun fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad you found your class finally! Man, I hate the feeling of not knowing where to go when I need to be somewhere at a specific time.
ReplyDeleteThe Explorers Club sounds like a lot of fun, as well as the Latin and Ballroom Dance class. I'm glad you're taking advantage of all these exciting things! :)