Friday, January 29, 2010

2 + 1 = 21

It's my 21st birthday today!
I'm so very excited for the day to begin (it's nearly 1 in the morning right now). I have class at 11 today and then I'm going to go out with some friends to celebrate.

My birthday party gameplan (dubbed 'Confetti, Cocktails, Cheers') is for my friends to meet up at my flat around dinner time and then we will mosie on over to Wagamama (the yummy noodle place that I ate at while I was in London. Apparently it's a chain and there's one just a hop, skip and a jump away from where I live). After dinner we are going to go to a bar, mingle with the locals and drink something bubbly. It sounds just delightful to me.

I was able to Skype with the Jonkhoff clan back in Murrieta this evening. We were talking just as the clock struck midnight my time. They serenaded me with Happy Birthday :) I also have a couple of cards to open later, including one that arrived yesterday from my Oma and Opa.

I really should be off though to catch some sweet dreams, seeing as I do need to function later for my big birth Day. (The birthday celebrations just might very well carry on through the weekend. On Sunday, as a matter of fact, I will be making a trip to Wales with the Explorers Club to visit a national park and see some waterfalls.) Lots of pictures to come soon.

Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Nicolette! Let us know what you try and like in terms of drinks!

    ....just beware of the beer, there, though. I don't know how the British can drink warmer beer.

    *Sips his near-freezing bottle of Orange Wheat*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthdya,Nicolette. Keep those blogs coming! Have a great weekend.

    Amy S

    ReplyDelete