Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Land of Red


Yesterday I paid Redlands a visit to say goodbye to some friends from school. It was great to catch up with folks, some who I haven't seen for over a semester. I felt slightly out of place walking to meet up with the girls in Cortner. All around me students were carrying Target bags and laundry baskets full of clothes up to their rooms. Any other semester I'd be doing the same, yet here I was, packed lightly with only my purse. I felt more like a passing through visitor than a student.

As hard as it is to temporarily say goodbye to a life in Redlands that is comfortable, driven by routine, and surrounded by friends, I am uber excited for a life in Bristol that will shake things up a bit. I think this trip is coming at a good point in my life where I am ready to have things turned slightly upside down. When else will I have this opportunity to put life on hold and jet off to a foreign country for over five months?

Thanks to those who took time out of their day to welcome me back yesterday and allowed me to dish on all things Bristol. You're the greatest.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to make one more trip down to Redlands before you leave for Bristol!
    Ahh! This is all too real now... :(

    ReplyDelete