Exciting news to report on this side of the pond! I received confirmation today of a weekend homestay that I will do in March. I am really looking forward to this opportunity to see yet another side of England.
So on 19 March I will make my way (probably by train) to Solihull, a small town just outside of Birmingham. It's about an hour and a half away from Bristol, in the North. The family that I'll be staying with have 3 sons, a kitten and a rabbit.
I think this is going to be a great way for me to see up close and personal how and where the British live. It will be interesting also to see what the dynamics of the British family are because since I've been here I've interacted with mainly only those in my age group. (I sort of feel like I'm taking a stab at being an Anthropologist... )
Furthermore, I am under the belief that this is going to be a lovely way to kick off my month long spring break (classes end on 19 March and resume 19 April). It's ok - I'd be jealous too. More details of my exciting spring break plans to come soon (I don't want to overwhelm y'all too much!)
;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment