Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Roses are red

It was a rosey day for sure. Not a single long stem rose kind of day either. Rather it was like a beautiful bouquet kind of day, made up of the sweetest, most vibrant roses possible...

I had Global Society this morning from 10 - 11 and a seminar for the class from 12 - 1. After getting into a firey discussion with my British peers regarding globalization and the dynamics between the East and the West, I hurried off to lunch. (The 7 Bristol Babes were treated to lunch by Lynne, an IFSA Butler representative)

Lunch today was at Zizzi's: a small place located in a sector of Bristol known as Clifton, an area that I have yet to fully explore. But boy was this place a gold mine of good eats! I nibbled on a selection of Italian breads, served with olive oil and vinegar, before devouring my main course: a huge vegetarian calzone that would have put any calzone creation I've had in the States to shame. It was clear that this heavenly fare had been made from scratch and cooked with love til golden brown in the wood burning oven, visible from where we were seated in the restaurant. The happy marriage between the veggies and the sauce and the bread... Oh it was divine and not a morsel was spared!

Our nearly 3 hour meal concluded with me enjoying a cup of tea and a slice of tiramisu that left me tickled pink. (Now I must say that I normally don't eat this much for lunch. But it's not everyday when a gal is taken out and told to 'order anything she wants'! When such an offer is made, I take full advantage of such.)

I am now in a blissful food coma state; it's a good thing that I'm doing all this walking...

Although I have no class tomorrow I have every intention of waking up at a reasonable hour to make a dent on some of the reading that I have. I'm trying to bribe myself into working hard on Thursday and Friday so that I can have an enjoyable weekend galavanting in Avebury.

(Mom and Dad,) I'm planning on taking the train on Saturday from Bristol into Salisbury and then taking a bus into Avebury (Mom, I'm going to buy a young persons railcard). According to my lonely planet England guide, a large section of the village (Avebury) is inside a stone circle, so you get much closer to the action than you do at Stonehenge. We shall see... Some of the girls are planning to stay the night on Saturday so depending on how I am feeling, I may join.

All in all, it was just a lovely rosey day.

No comments:

Post a Comment