Saturday, May 1, 2010

April showers bring May flowers


Can someone please explain to me how it is already Maaaaaaaaay(!) because I am pretty sure that I just left for England like yesterday.

In actuality though it has been 103 days exactly since I hoped on that plane, but whose counting? Not me that's for sure.

My on - top - of - things parents forced me to confirm my flight home with the airline last week. But because I am denial that I have to come back, I have convinced myself that if I don't actually write out the date which I come home, it won't be true. (Sorry D & M: no guarantee you'll see me walking out at LAX...) It might be fun to see how long I can outrun the UK authorities considering that my visa will expire sooooooon......... Yeah?

A shout out to my lover on the other side of the pond: Today is Sabrina's senior prom and I am disappointed that I won't be home to help her get ready or take pictures galore of her and her handsome boyfriend Jake. Last year when the possibility of studying abroad was becoming more and more of a reality I made an extra effort to get home for her junior prom. And here we are, one year later: I am abroad. She is graduating (and becoming a 'lil Bulldog herself!) and I just don't like it how fast time is accelerating.
I hope you have a lovely evening tonight pretty lady! Save a dance for me ;-)

I passed by this on my way to the pub last week and I like it very much.

And because I am a chemist at heart, I want to display some pre - and post - pictures of my roooooom! I have what I like to a call a Wall of Love and basically it is amazing and every time that I walk into my roomie I am overcome by happiness.

You may remember that when I got to Bristol my walls were very drab. Plain white, lacking any sense of style or love. Not my flavor at all and obviously something had to be done! And so I began taping everything that was sent my way onto my walls, dresser, door, etc. I don't want to say that every inch of my room is covered with sunshine and sweet notes from home, but there is a definite happy vibe now emanating from these walls in Flat 49.

I'll let you see for yourself.

Thanks for helping to make my flat more of a home!


Sad walls
...didn't even have a comforter back then

Hip - Hop - Happy Walls
...makes for a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment