Friday, May 14, 2010

Gossip Girl

A very special shout out to my mother who is celebrating her (thirty second!, or so odd) birthday today.
I love you and miss you very much Mom. I hope you have a beautiful day.

Today was also my first, and only, British exam. The exam was to be administered at 11 AM. Which means that in addition to bringing the GPS (in case I get lost on my wicked long walk) and a spare pair of thermals (I'm telling you, the weather can change on a dime), I had to absolutely - no - questions - about - it leave my flat by 10 AM.

I woke up extra early to cram - I mean, review - my notes. Things were going great: I took a little shower then drank a little kofie, then started to feel waaaaay sleepy. Then I convinced myself that a 5 minute nap would be just what I needed. Next thing I knew I was awoken by the gardeners mowing the grass outside my window. And it was noon. (HELLO. Is anyone seeing how this is problematic!?)

Ahh! I joke. I joke. That situation has nightmare written all over it. So to clarify (for those who can't keep up with my sarcastic nature), I did not oversleep. I made it to my final just in the nick of time.

The final was just what I expected it to be. And let's be honest: I nailed that mother ---. But the most lovely part of the whole experience was that after the exam Leia and Emma (my friends who are also in the class with me!) and I went out to lunch to celebrate. We stopped at this hole in the wall cafe that serves up a hearty English breakfast all day long. The fact that it was only £2 was enough to bring tears to my eyes. We had ourselves a merry time.

2 comments:

  1. Silly Nicolette. I almost believed your little lie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I was momentarily terrified by this story!! I was like oh no who is this girl that sleeps through exams and what have you done with my Nicolette!
    I'm glad your finals went well! Enjoy the rest of your time there!

    ReplyDelete