Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Adventures

My last Saturday in Bristol... Tear. Goly, let's not get all emotional here! I'll save a tear jerking post for later.

Last week I made a snazzy Brizzle To Do list. Said list included all the things that I want to see / do / accomplish / taste before I board a plane next week. In addition to sampling something sweet at a posh bakery (Patisserie Valerie) in town that I have somehow neglected to visit, I wanted to dine at an organic deli (Blue Juice) that has a groovy blue floor and apparently smoothies that are out of this world. Check! And Check! Bristol also has an iconic suspension bridge that I want to walk across. And of course I want to get my hands on as much cider as I can before I head back to the states.

So today I set out in the AM with a group of amigas to the bi - monthly Farmer's Market to pick up a couple of tasty treats. I was standing in the center of the square waiting for my friends when I caught a glimpse of this man's stand. His random display was what caught my eye first. A simple cardboard sign was positioned above a towel that held about 8 or so hand carved wooden spoons. I walked in closer and re - read his out - of - place advert about 2 times before I inquired what the heck he meant by it all. The picture might be kind of hard to read: "Microscope wanted in exchange for wooden spoons". He was a nice fella who just wanted a microscope. Simple as that. It was very strange but very awesome at the same time.


Then I wondered further into town and stumbled upon the bridge! It is not quite as massive as the Golden Gate but certainly grandiose in its own form. I explored the surrounding grassy paths and ate my lunch on a bench. Apparently at night the bridge lights up so depending on what exciting events I have planned in the next couple of evenings I just might make my way over to the bridge and admire its sparkly character under the moon light. After I felt bridged - out I found myself a pub and had a pint outside in the pub's Beer Garden.




Tonight there is a feminism club social that I am looking forward to at The White Bear.
All in all another solid good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment