Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tour de Italia

Somehow that doesn't flow quite as nicely off the tongue as "France" does but still this spring break has been nothing short of a tour.

I struggle to condense into words these past 20 days. When I look through my pictures the warmth of Italy hits me first and a feeling washes over my body and it is as though I never left. I thumb back and re - read my journal entries (dubbed by the the traveling girlie trio as a "ger-nal") and I can recall with clarity the steps I made each day, the people whose path I crossed, and the sights that quite literally took my breath away.

Consider the bullet points to follow a simple introduction to a rich book that could easily be written about my Italian travels. I hope to go back some day and because I threw a coin into the Trevi fountain and wished for nothing less than a speedy return back I can only hope that I will be able to walk along the cobblestone paths and meander in and out of primary colored alleys soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy, you're back!
    I've missed hearing about your exciting adventures!

    ReplyDelete