Saturday, March 13, 2010

Get out and play

I decided to take my friend's suggestion to get out and play to heart. I had worked diligently last week finishing up my essay for Global Society. Work hard play hard, right?

I met up with my friend for a chai tea latte this afternoon and then because the weather was far too perfect to just go back inside, we wandered through the Royal Fort Garden. (Remember! Remember how excited I was about stumbling upon this garden back in January and how I predicted it would be just lovely during the spring? Well it sure was lovely today...)

It was nice just to be outside today, to feel the sun beat down on my face and to talk about the complexities of life with my British amigo. (Because the sunshine was out in full force there was no need for me to wear my gloves or scarf.)

On my way back home I was making a mental list of all the reasons why I love being in Bristol. I'll share just a few:

  • I like the fact that when I woke up this morning and looked out my window the grass had been overtaken by a sea of purple flowers. The flowers, wild in nature, sort of reminds me of the California poppy (except of course that they are purple).


  • Mail gets delivered directly to my flat. I take delight when a letter with my name on it pops through the door and takes up residence on the inside mat. (Shout out to those who send mail my way: it truly makes my day)


  • I look forward each week to reading Epigram, the Bristol student newspaper. Like my pops, I find myself cutting out articles to save.


  • There's many, many more. Perhaps I'll share others at a later date.

Well tomorrow is Mummy's Day. Apparently they celebrate Mum 2 whole months earlier than we do in the states. So to my mother, Happy Day. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment