It's still hard to believe that in a matter of a few short weeks I will be boarding a plane.
It is safe to say that during finals this semester all that I had on my mind was school related affairs: P & A Chem, Humanitarian Aid, Feminism. There was hardly any time to process the fact that, albeit temporarily, I will be away from all things familiar.
Saturday the 19th rolled around and just like that finals were done. The countless hours dedicated to each class were reduced, within a matter of days, to simple numbers. And now, after several stressful hours of packing up a semester's worth of "stuff", I find myself sitting amongst countless boxes in my house in Murrieta. Although I know that I should make some order out of this chaos that I have brought upon my mother and sister, part of me is unwillingly to accept the reality that I will not be moving back into Melrose in January. It is not to say that I am not thoroughly overjoyed that I will be embarking on this England adventure. It's more like I am apprehensive about the unknown and consequently I am trying to ignore the inevitable.
My mother will not tolerate for much longer the boxes that have slowly crept their way into her home office. So perhaps instead of trying to play dumb to what is inevitably creeping closer, I will start today by getting things in order. I will not drag my heels but will instead start crossing things off my gigantic to - do list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome grades, Nicolette!
ReplyDeleteI'm in denial that you are leaving as well...